What’s on this page?
Meanings of terms used
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refer to MakeFish Pty Ltd (ACN: 617 928 506).
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ refer to the subscriber to the MDID.
- ‘MDID’ means our software application and the related services that you will be able to access and use once you conclude the registration process.
- ‘Site’ means our website mydigitalid.info
- ‘Participating Online Retailer’ means are those which connect with MDID users for the purposes of completing online transactions in which you have made use of MDID.
- ‘Personal Information’ has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act). In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from users of MDID.
The most common types of information we collect are things like your:
- mobile phone number; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of the MDID.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you provide it to us on the contact form on our website.
If you choose not to provide personal information on the contact form you will not be able to use the App.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your Personal Information to:
- verify your identity;
- provide services to you through the MDID including the ability to share information with participating online retailers selected by you;
- respond to support requests;
- help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- provide you with information that you request from us; and
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the MDID.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we are required to do so by law.
We will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other person.
What happens if the ownership of our business changes?
Do we collect information from children?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
If you are under the age of 18, do not submit any Personal Information to us.
How do we store your personal information?
The MDID is hosted and Personal Information we collect is held on a Amazon Web Services server at one or more data centres controlled by Amazon Web Services.
As a result Personal Information collected by MDID may be transferred to a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis).
By accessing and signing up to MDID via the contact form you agree:
- that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that Amazon Web Services does not breach the APPs, It may not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to a person overseas*; and
- that, if an overseas person handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
*Subclause 8.1 of the APPs requires us to ensure that overseas recipients comply with the APPs unless, in accordance with subclause 8.2, you agree otherwise. For more information, please check the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on the MDID. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at email@example.com
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of privacy. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective immediately.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know about any changes made to this policy. We also suggest that you revisit this policy from time to time to see whether or not changes have been made.
If you continue to use the MDID after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
How can you contact us?
We will treat your queries and complaints confidentially.
Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your query or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
You may contact us by:
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at:
PO Box 308
- phone us on +61 8011 4818
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to OAIC by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/.